Finally the bathroom vanity progresses…

So we finally got around to taking the next step in fixing our bathroom vanity. As you know we have had a fir slab ready for the project in for several months now,  and as I finally felt guilty enough to stop procrastinating I decided to do something about it. Actually my wife made me feel guilty about procrastinating. I almost feel guilty about removing the sink. Every time I look at it it just looks so excited to see me.

imageimage

As you can see it is a beautiful shade of early 80’s green. It was never a good color and has not aged very gracefully.

 

imageimage

In Pretty short order my manly helper and I had the sink removed. It was all held in by a few dabs of glue and some 2 inch finishing nails.

With the addition of a couple supports the room is ready for the new sink.

image

The slab has been mostly finished for a while now but I still had to square it up and cut it to length.

imageimage

I used my home made track saw mark 2 to make the initial cut then a hand saw to finish up.

After cutting it to length I flipped it over and used a combination of circular saw and chisel to make a rabbet for the slab to rest on the supports.

image

Now for the test fit.

image

Looking good, but now I need to do a bunch of messing around to get the plumbing hooked up and functioning.