We love peaches, but can only eat so much jam… we also love to BBQ so naturally this week we made peach BBQ sauce. I was a little worried, but it turned out great!
Peach BBQ Sauce
6 cups of chopped, pitted and peeled peaches
1 cup of chopped peppers (I used a mix or red, green, yellow and banana)
3 cups of finely chopped onion
3 tbps of fresh garlic (pressed)
3/4 cup vinegar ( I used pickling vinegar for the higher acid content, 7% instead or 5%)
1 1/4 cup honey
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp dry mustard
2 tsp salt
- combine all ingredients in a large stock pot.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil or medium heat.
- Reduce the heat keeping mixture at a light boil/simmer.
- Stir frequently for about 30 mins. or until the mixture has thickened. ( It won’t be thick like commercial sauce, it will be a little running, but will thicken when cooled. )
- Process for approximately 20 mins. in a boiling water canner. (this depends on your jar size and altitude.)